My very first blogger award! Thank you Swati!
Having only started this blog a few months back, it feels great to know that there are others out there just like me!
There is also a fun game involved and as per the rules, I have to do the following:
Post 11 things about myself
Answer the tagger’s questions
Tag and pass the awards to 11 other bloggers
Create 11 questions for the bloggers to answer
Go to the bloggers page and inform them about the awards
Here are the 11 things you don’t know about me:
1. I love coffee. Cannot function properly without it.
2. Occasionally I send random illustrated postcards to my friends. Snail mail has a completely different charm to it. If you want to be on my mailing list, send me your complete postal address no matter where in the world you are!
3. I hate my Blackberry. Yes, it does keep me connected with the world, but the old school NOKIA was fun too. Right?
4. I love the German language.
5. Give me a sheet of bubble wrap, and you can have whatever you want! (conditions apply).
6. I have named some of my electronics. Geoff the phone, Martin the laptop, Felix the watch, Carmen the car.
7. In a strange way, I love the fact that I share my birthday with SADDAM HUSSEIN and OSCAR SCHINDLER.
8. I want to travel around the world. Fall in love with a place and all that it has to offer!
9. Things I cannot live a single day without: Post its, Sharpie and Double Sided tape
10. I enjoy to cook, but not very often.
11. My friends call me Riley.
Here are the 11 lucky bloggers to whom I pass this on to:
1. AKG of http://themuseflash.com/
2. Michelle of http://www.alllacqueredup.com/
3. Lauren and Loren of http://lacquerandlashes.ca/
4. Chelsea of http://chelseasgetnailed.com/
5. Leslie of http://workplaypolish.com/
6. Christina of http://adventuresinpolishland.wordpress.com/
7. Anne of http://theannehassan.wordpress.com/
8. Melanie of http://www.adorabeauty.net/
9. Carly of http://thoughtsinlittleboxes.com/
10. Swati of http://serendipitybyswatir.wordpress.com/
11. Breige of http://beautyandthebestoftherest.com/
Answers to Swati’s questions:
1. What motivated you to have your own blog?
I was wanting to start a blog for quite sometime back, but I was apprehensive about how people would accept it. My friends kinda talked me into starting it and boy am I glad I did!
2. Lipgloss or Lipstick??
Only if the occasion calls for it- Lipgloss.
3. If you could steal one thing from your best friends closet what would it be?
ACCESSORIES! I am far too tall to fit into any clothes, and my shoe size is too large to fit into the sexy shoes 😦 If anything, I would steal her shoes just so that she cannot wear them! Hehe!
4. One thing you still regret purchasing.
Dry Shampoo. I cannot live without it now. Every time I run out of stock, my hair is always a disaster!
5. Do you still sleep with a soft toy??
No. I haven’t found that emotional attachment with anything lately.
6. Your daily makeup includes…?
Eye liner and Kajal.
7. Tell us the thing you are craving for right now (anything makeup/clothes/food).
8. If you were to choose between Kajal or Lip color… what would you chose?
Kajal. I feel naked without it.
9. What’s your worst/best memory of childhood and why?
I don’t know about worst, but one memory that I can recall is when I was 5 years old. My family and I went up to the hills for a family vacation and by the evening the clouds had started to come in. Having been exposed to the world of cartoons, I wanted to sit on the clouds just like the angels do. Little did I know, that was not possible. Ouch!
10. We all make mistakes… so which was the biggest blunder you did with your makeup and how you covered it?
I rarely use make-up. I once applied a shade of foundation lighter than my actual skin tone 😛 I simply just took it off.
11. Are you a bathroom singer or dancer???
I did try to dance once but it ended badly! When I am not in any rush, singing it is!
Here are my questions that I would like to ask you:
1. What do you love most about the city in which you currently live?
2. If you were to make a bucket list, what would be #1?
3. Dream job?
4. 5 things you cannot live without…?
5. Favourite cuisine?
6. List the “must have” items in your wardrobe.
7. Most inspirational quote you have come across…?
8. If you were to be a non-living object, what would you be? (I would be a Rubik’s Cube!)
9. When was the last time you broke the rules? What did you do?
10. Most expensive item you own till date?
11. Favourite book/movie?
Have fun with it!