‘Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la la la!!!!!
I do realise that I have been a bit AWOL recently, but real life got in the way 😦
I true e-namel spirit, here are a few facts that may interest you for a few seconds of your life:
- The word Christmas comes from the Old English “Cristes maesse” meaning “Christ’s Mass”.
- Most of Santa’s reindeer have male-sounding names, such as Blitzer, Comet, and Cupid. However, male reindeers shed their antlers around Christmas, so the reindeer pulling Santa’s sleigh are likely not male, but female or castrati.
- Robins are associated with Christmas because postmen were nicknamed “robins” because of their red-breasted coloured uniforms. Thus it was the robins who delivered Christmas cards and robin birds were put on the cards to show this.
- All the gifts in the Twelve Days of Christmas would equal 364 gifts.
- Christmas stockings allegedly evolved from three sisters who were too poor to afford a marriage dowry and were, therefore, doomed to a life of prostitution. They were saved, however, when the wealthy Bishop Saint Nicholas of Smyrna (the precursor to Santa Claus) crept down their chimney and generously filled their stockings with gold coins.
The nail art this year (unlike last year’s clichéd Christmas) is of the cozy, warm and comfy sweaters! Yes, I admit, the design is from a collection I found here, so can’t take any credit for the design. All thanks go to the people out there sharing their love!
How are you celebrating Christmas this year?